Find the Key to College Funding
Student Loans from Keybank
For over the last half-century, Keybank has offered a variety of innovative educational products and services designed to offer students and parents access to a full menu of student loans not available from most other lenders.
Keybank is a subsidiary of KeyCorp which provides private and commercial financial services, investment management, and wealth management, as well as its educational suite of services.
Tools and Resources
Students and parents should begin with Keybank's college planning center. Customers have access to powerful loan calculators and loan comparison tools. Also explore your options for student medical insurance and renter's insurance.
Student Loan Products
Apply for your Federal Stafford Loans through Keybank. Not only do Stafford loans feature the lowest rates possible, but borrowers may take advantage of attractive discounts and incentives for on-time payments, automatic checking account payments, or use of online bill pay and e-billing.
Federal Parent PLUS loans and Graduate/Professional PLUS loans are credit-based loans appropriate for students attending at least half-time. The PLUS loans feature low interest rates. Graduate PLUS students loan borrowers can also defer repayments any time they become enrolled at least half-time in a degree program. These loans offer a choice of repayment plans: extended, graduated, standard or income-based.
Parents can also take advantage of Keybank's K-12 Student Loans, also bundled with attractive interest rates.
Keybank's alternative loan products feature an innovative stable of student loans tailored for professional degree seekers, besides the general undergrad. All offer low interest rates and require no extra fees:
- Key Alternative LoanŽ is perfect for undergraduate college students who need to supplement their federal loans in order to cover all the expenses of college. The application process is quick and easy, and the grace period following graduation matches that of the Stafford Loan.
- Private Parent Loans are available to parents who must supplement the expenses of any level of student from elementary through graduate level.
- Continuing Education Loans offer low-interest rate educational loans to those non-traditional students enrolled less than half-time in a professional or technical program.
- LawAchieverŽ loans are among the most comprehensive available for law students. Customers may borrow the total cost of tuition. LawAchiever loans feature a 9-month grace period beyond graduation and law students have the option to defer if they remain enrolled in an ABA-approved law program more than half-time.
- MedAchiever loans offer medical students low-rate, auxiliary loans similar in features to the LawAchiever loans. Medical students may MedAchiever loans to cover travel and residency expenses beyond other college costs.
- Dental Assistance Loans are available to dental students at the same low rates as LawAchiever and MedAchiever loans. Students must be enrolled in an approved dental program on at least a half-time basis. Dental loans also offer a 12-month grace period following graduation.
- Key Alternative Loans are specially designed for MBA students as well as other general graduate students.
Consolidating loans does not require credit checks or any extra fees. Keybank offers both parents and students the federal consolidation loan. Federal loan holders can roll all federal student loans into one, low monthly payment.