Sports Science Scholarships
Earn Top Dollar working with Top Athletes
What is sports science? The field of exercise and sports science has gained momentum in recent years as science and competitive sports find a meeting place. The field, in its purest form, yields professionals who are interested in working with athletes at all levels to enrich the competitive experience. The most sought after professionals work closely with elite athletes to increase and improve performance via an array of physical and psychological means.
The University of Kansas awards the following scholarships to students in the Sports Sciences major:
- Earl Falkenstein Scholarship goes to students with superior academic records and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Joie Stapleton Scholarship is awarded to a female in the sports sciences program. Recipient must not only have high academic standards but also strong character and leadership abilities.
- Jack Wolfe Scholarship is awarded to a male student in the sports sciences program. Superior academic record and active in extracurricular activities.
The University of North Carolina-Greensboro provides many scholarships for students in the Department of Exercise and Sports Science. Here is a selection:
- Kate Barrett Student Professional Development Award is given to a graduate student with an outstanding academic record as well as a sincere dedication to sports science.
- A senior student in the Department may qualify for the P.E. Class of '75 Heilscher Teaching Scholarship as long as they have plans to pursue teaching.
- Mary Channing Coleman Memorial Scholarship gives up to $1,000 to a notable graduating senior from the department.
- Carol Jean Eiserer Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student who is from Montgomery County, Maryland. This award is given to a freshman.
- Betty Flinchum International Study Award is given to students to defray the cost of a study abroad program. Awards are up to $400.
Ohio University's School of Recreation and Sports Science awards a dozen different scholarships to students in the department. A selection from the list includes:
- Richard Wells Antle Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student based on all-around factors including financial need, academic performance and individual character.
- Naomi Richey Parsons Memorial Scholarship recognizes an outstanding female in the department.
- Mrs. J.E. Thackeray Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student in the department based on the nominations of classmates.
The Markvan Bellamy Brooks Endowed Scholarship is funded by Clemson University and is awarded to a student in the Brooks Institute for Sports Science. Applicants may be a major in any of the Institute's degree programs, but must have a GPA of 2.5 at least.
The Dean William Koch Endowed Scholarship is awarded to a student studying Sports Science at Ithaca College. This scholarship recognizes the top academic scholars in the program.