Healthcare Management Scholarships
Secure a High-Paying Position in Healthcare
The healthcare industry is big business these days and for that reason the demand for more highly educated and diverse professionals is growing. If you're interested in healthcare management there is no more exciting time for pursuing the field. There are many positions available to well-trained graduates of college degree programs.
If you are studying in the field you will no doubt realize that the options for professional specialty are endless; not to mention the types of healthcare facilities available. You may specialize in management of a long-term care facility or the finance department of a healthcare facility. Women and minorities will discover a wealth of scholarship monies designed to encourage them to pursue a traditionally male dominated workplace.
Connecticut Women in Healthcare Management, Inc. awards its own self-titled scholarship each year to an outstanding woman pursuing a healthcare management degree. Students may be either undergraduate or graduate and be committed to pursuit of the field. Up to $1,000 in award money.
The Institute for Diversity in Health Care Management is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. The organization is committed to trying to encourage the interests of minorities in the more advanced fields of healthcare management. Minorities, including women, have been underrepresented in the field for generations. The institute provides the following scholarships:
- Diversified Investment Advisors Leaders in Healthcare Scholarship makes up to $5,000 available to graduate minority students in healthcare management. Qualified individuals must express financial need.
- Eliot C. Robert Scholarship is awarded to a minority student interested in pursuing healthcare management in the public sector.
- Cathy Brock Memorial Scholarship is designed for the minority student specializing in the financial aspects of healthcare management.
GE Healthcare Management Scholarship Program partners with the American Society for Radiologic Technicians to provide a very attractive scholarship ($5,000) to graduate and doctoral students pursuing healthcare management. Applicants must be members of the ASRT to be considered.
Walker College of Business at Appalachian State University funds two scholarships in the field:
- Richard Davis Healthcare Management Scholarship. Students must prove financial need as well as high academic standards.
- David Phoenix and Brydon Greene Scholarship for Health Care Management to a student with outstanding economic need.
At Southern Illinois University-Carbondale students in the Health Care Management Program may be eligible for two scholarships:
- New Student in Health Care Management Scholarship is really a tuition waiver for undergraduate students with superior GPA and economic need.
- Mid-American Healthcare Executives Students Jack Buckley Award is a modest scholarship for students in their senior year of the healthcare management degree.
Duke University's renowned Fuqua School of Business now will be offering attractive scholarships to minority students as encouragement to pursue the traditionally white and male dominated field of health care management. The Health Sector Management program regularly awards other scholarships to students in the major as well.
The American College of Healthcare Executives is a professional organization representing thousands of individuals who work in healthcare management.
- Albert Dent Graduate Student Scholarship is awarded to minority students enrolled in a graduate program in healthcare management. The award is in recognition of the first African American member of the ACHE. Other criteria include financial need and membership in the ACHE.
- Student members of ACHE entering their last year of a graduate healthcare management program may be eligible for the. Students must demonstrate financial need as well as academic accomplishment.
- The Stuart Wesbury, Jr. Postgraduate Fellowship awards an outstanding post-graduate student with a unique opportunity to engage in a healthcare management fellowship. The salary/stipend is over $44,000 and offers the recipient a wide range of experience.