Healthcare Management Scholarships
Secure a High-Paying Position in Healthcare
Healthcare managers coordinate the delivery of healthcare services. That job description can apply to managing a large facility like a hospital, to one department in a hospital, or to a private medical practice. The ongoing expansion of America’s elderly population guarantees work for healthcare managers, and there is a substantial amount of scholarship aid attached to degree programs in the field.
Scholarships From Private Organizations
National Association of Health Services Executives
The National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) sponsors a set of three annual scholarships. The awards go to African American graduate students, with the goal of diversifying the profession. They are worth $2,500 each, and recipients also have their expenses paid so they can attend the group’s annual conference.
Here are brief descriptions of NAHSE’s scholarships:
- The Haynes Rice Award encourages future leaders in the field.
- The Florence Gaynor Award honors female students who have excelled in their studies.
- The Ellis Bonner Award is bestowed on nontraditional (that is, older) students who have strong records as scholars and leaders.
American College of Healthcare Executives
The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) offers several scholarships as part of its benefits package for student members:
- The ACHE Diversity Internship is for a graduate student who has completed a year of graduate school and plans to foster diversity in the healthcare management workplace.
- The Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship is awarded to minority students in the last year of a graduate program, and it brings $5,000. Financial need is a criterion.
- The Stuart A. Wesbury, Jr. Postgraduate Fellowship provides an opportunity to earn more than $44,000 working in a carefully planned healthcare management fellowship (which comes with a 34-page manual describing the experience).
- The Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship resembles the Dent award in its particulars, with one major difference: you need not belong to a minority in order to apply.
Connecticut Women in Healthcare Management
The Connecticut Women in Healthcare Management is a professional group that has set up a scholarship to support women who intend to enter the profession. Candidates must enroll in an accredited degree program in a subject related to one of these three areas: health, management, or healthcare administration. Masters students receive preference, and you must attend a school located in Connecticut.
The award is in the amount of $1,500.
Institute for Diversity in Health Management
The Institute for Diversity in Health Management currently provides three scholarships for graduate students pursuing degrees in healthcare administration or an allied degree, such as one of the following: MBA, MPH, MHA, MPA, MSN, and BSN. Here are the listed awards:
- The Transamerica Retirement Solutions Leaders in Health Care Scholarship, for $5,000, is reserved for students in the first or second year of graduate school.
- The Elliott C. Roberts Scholarship for $1,000 recognizes ethnically diverse graduate students in the second year. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA, and show evidence of both community service and financial need.
- The Cathy L. Brock Memorial Scholarship is very like the Roberts award, with two differences: the graduate student may also be in the first year of study, and there is no community service stipulation.
American College of Medical Practice Executives
The American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) has posted an extensive page of scholarship information, and here are details on a few of the current awards:
- The Bachrach Family Scholarship for Excellence in Health Care Administration goes to graduate students in healthcare administration who have a GPA of 3.0 and are interested in managing a medical practice. Preference is given to disadvantaged students, especially those first in their families to take a graduate degree.
- The Harry J. Harwick Scholarship is designed for students in a graduate program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education or the Association of University Programs in Health Administration.
- The Oncology Practice Alliance Scholarship is for Ohio or West Virginia students interested in medical practice management in oncology and hematology.
Scholarships From Colleges
Marquette University offers a graduate degree in healthcare technologies management, and two corporations have partnered to underwrite the GE – Marquette Medical Systems, Inc. Scholarship for students enrolled therein. The amount given can vary according to available liquidity, but usually ranges between $400 and $700.
The appropriate department must nominate you for this award.
Appalachian State University
The College of Health Sciences at Appalachian State University provides two scholarships for its healthcare managements students:
- The David D. Phoenix and Brydon S. Greene Scholarship is awarded to students who surmounted difficulties to pursue their education, and brings $550.
- The Well-Spring Endowed Scholarship is given to full-time students with a GPA of 3.0, and those from the Piedmont-Triad region of North Carolina receive preference.
Health and Medical
- Diet and Nutrition
- EMS and Paramedic
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Technology
- Occupational Safety/Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistants
- Promotion and Education
- Public Health
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sports Science
- Writing an Essay
- Selecting an Essay Topic
- Information Requests
- College Books
- Scholarship Scams
- Management Services
- Tax Credits
- Thank You Letters
- Spam-Free Searching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Saving Tips