Finding Aid from Accounting Scholarships
Don't Let Your College Debt Add Up
Accounting is a popular college major, and job prospects for accounting majors are promising. Luckily, there are many college scholarships intended specifically for business or accounting majors available on both national and state levels.
National Accounting Scholarships
- The National Society of Accountants - around 40 scholarships to accounting students across the nation. The scholarships range in value from $250 to $2,000.
- The National Association of Public Accountants - scholarships to accounting students who are attending an accredited business school and have a "B" or better GPA.
- The Institute of Management Accountants - scholarships worth $3,000 to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarships worth $1,000 to undergraduate or graduate accounting students.
- The John L. Carey Scholarships - $5,000 yearly scholarships for graduate students studying accounting at an AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited school.
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship offered by the Government Finance Officers Association - awards $3,500 to undergraduate or graduate students who preparing for a finance career in state or local government.
- The American Society of Women Accountants - scholarships to qualifying accounting students who have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours.
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting sponsors The Laurels Fund, - scholarships up to $5,000 to female Ph.D. students studying accounting.
- The American Society of Women Accountants Scholarship - awarded to undergraduate or graduate students majoring in accounting.
- The Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) partnered with the Hispanic College Fund (HCF) - scholarships to students of Hispanic/Latino heritage. The scholarships range in value from $1,250 to $10,000.
- The National Association of Black Accountants - annually awards national scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $6,000 to active members majoring in business, accounting, or finance.
Scholarships Available by State
Some accounting scholarships are state-specific. The following is a partial list of scholarships based on state:
- The New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants offers a scholarship to full-time junior or senior undergraduate or graduate students who are legal New Hampshire residents.
- Students at Illinois colleges are eligible for scholarships offered by the Financial Executives International, which awards up to a total of $12,000 to qualifying accounting or finance students.
- The Stephen F. Austin State University in Texas has numerous Alumni Association Scholarships available such as the Avie Douglas Scholarship, the Tony Clifton Scholarship, the Claude & Sue Rodgers Scholarship, and the Alma Casey Scholarship.
- Illinois CPA Society Accounting Scholarship Program offers scholarships to accounting majors who plan to sit for the CPA Examination in Illinois. The scholarships are worth up to $4,000.
- The Michigan Accountancy Foundation Scholarships are awarded annually to 5th year accounting students.
- The Indiana University South Bend offers scholarships to Accounting Association Members. A $500 scholarship is offered by McGladrey & Pullen, LLP. Steven A. Goldberg, CPA funds a $150 scholarship. Kruggel, Lawton, and Company offers two scholarships worth $250 each.