Network Management Scholarship Funding
Install, Configure, Debug Small to Large Network Systems
Network Managers and technicians are responsible for the overall function of a computer network. Types of networks may include LAN, WAN, MAN, even wireless. Network managers may also be responsible for all the components of a network: routers, switches, cabling and conduit. Network specialists may be trained to configure switches and routers, install cabling and configure new networks. They also possess training in network design, network resources and basic security practices.
In the work place a network manager may work alone and "wear many hats" or be part of a network team and specialize in one aspect of a very large network.
Federal Cyber Service Scholarship sponsored by Syracuse University includes those graduate students studying Telecommunications and Network Management. The total award may be $18,000+ for graduate students. The hitch is you owe the federal government a year of your services for each year of scholarship you accept. You do, however, get to work within your field.
Kirkwood Community College Foundation awards students the following scholarships:
- Bradley and Riley PC Information Technology Scholarship is open to students enrolled in a LAN Management program. Applicant must be interested in remaining in the region.
- NSF Technology Scholars Program offers over $3,000 to qualified IT students. Applicants must be pursuing network management or a related degree program. This is a merit and need-based award.
- Rockwell Collins Career Edge Academy Scholarships are awarded to 20 students with an emphasis on underrepresented populations. Awards are $1,000.
Cisco Network Academy Scholarship is offered through DeVry University and gives qualified students $1200 a semester. A prerequisite is the basic Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, which offers basic skills in network management.
ASM Educational Center sponsors the very popular Microsoft certification courses, including the MCSE course that covers the basics of network management and systems management. The scholarship offers up to $2,000 to offset the cost of the course.
Students enrolled in Northwest College Business Network Technician program may qualify for one of the following scholarships:
- Montana-Dakota Utilities Company Scholarship is awarded to a student who lives within the service area and is enrolled in a computer science program, including coursework in network and systems management.
- Dozens of private scholarships are available to Northwest College Students. Smallest awards start with $100 and go up.