Information Technology Scholarships
Study a Broad Base of IT Disciplines
Information Technology is a broad field of study that encompasses everything from network basics to web design, data analysis and systems infrastructure.
Robert Half Technology/AITP Scholarships award up to $2500 to qualified students enrolled in an Information Technology program. Applicants must be student-members of AITP and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. Robert Half Technology specializes in providing top level IT personnel to business and industry.
UC-Berkeley Information Technology Scholarships are awarded to a number of students enrolled in the computer science degree program. Other criteria include proven financial need, at least a 3.2 GPA, junior or senior standing, and recommendation from faculty for consideration.
The Principal Financial Group Information Technology Scholarship awards $2500 to an outstanding Iowa student pursuing a degree program in IT. Qualified applicants must be an Iowa resident and have a GPA of 3.5. Candidates will be chosen also based on extracurricular activities and a written essay.
Morgan-Stanley Information Technology scholarships are awarded annually:
- NBSE/SHPE and SWE Member Scholarships are awarded to minority students enrolled in information technology programs. Applicants must be student members of one of the organizations: National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, or the Society of Women Engineers. Students must be at least in their sophomore year to apply. Award maximum is $10,000 and an internship with Morgan-Stanley's IT department.
- Women in Technology Scholarship awards up to $10,000 to outstanding female students in an information technology major. Candidates must maintain a 3.0 GPA and exhibit academic and extracurricular excellence. Award also includes an internship with Morgan-Stanley's IT department.
- Richard B. Fisher Scholarship is open to minority students. Required GPA is 3.0 and applicants must be at least in their junior year to qualify. Students must be interested in the IT field in the realm of the financial sector. Recipients may receive up to $10,000 and an internship with the company.
The Foundation for Information Technology Education sponsors the following scholarships:
- Betty Stevens-Frecknall Scholarship awards funds to undergraduate students enrolled in a four-year Information technology program. Betty Stevens-Frecknall was employed in the computer field as a data analyst when computers were still large behemoths and personal computing was still unheard of.
- Kevin Jetton Scholarship goes to an outstanding undergraduate in a program of Information Technology. Student must be a member of the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP).
- Dave Sanders Memorial Scholarship is awarded specifically to a Columbine High School senior who is pursuing Information Technology. Award is named in honor of a Columbine High teacher killed in the 1999 massacre.