Computer Engineering Scholarships
Get a Bachelors or a Ph.D.
Computer Engineers may earn degrees from Bachelors through Ph.D. and typically enjoy a solid level of job security. General computer engineers are responsible for debugging and maintenance of standing computer systems and large networks, for developing new computer processes and equipment and for researching the future systems. At which levels these various activities takes place is pretty much determined by education degree. Ph.D.s almost always work in research, often called just "academia." Their jobs are to conceptualize and design and hypothesize. For graduates with the standard Bachelors degree, you will work in applying engineering to physical systems from large to small and across all levels of business and industry.
Curriculum includes computer design and architecture, logic principles, computer language, and electrical and digital circuitry.
Penn State University sponsors the Lockheed Martin Scholarships for Women. Undergraduate female students in any one of the engineering programs, including computer engineering, may qualify for the award. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.0 and write an essay on their career choice in the engineering sector.
The National Society of Black Engineers sponsors corporate scholarships that help diversify professions that have typically been underrepresented by African-Americans:
- Freescale Semiconductor Scholarship is open to computer engineering students. Applicants must be willing to consider a job with Freescale Semiconductor following graduation. GPA must be at least 3.0. Scholarship award is $5,000.
- Lockheed Martin Scholarship is awarded to a junior or senior in computer engineering. Applicants must write an essay and consider employment with the company. Awards up to $2,000.
- Microsoft Corporate Scholarship demands top GPA and ability to articulate in a written essay the value of technology beyond the classroom. Scholarships are $5,000.
The American Indian Science and Engineering Society sponsors the IBM Scholarship for students of Native American heritage. Qualified applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in computer engineering.
The University of Akron sponsors and funds a couple dozen departmental scholarships and private endowments for students in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Indiana University-Purdue University provide scholarships to students in the Electrical and Engineering Technology department:
- Engineering, Technology and Computer Science Scholarships for Excellence is awarded to students either pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree. GPA of 3.0 is required to even be considered.
- Lam Memorial Scholarship is open to students in computer engineering or electrical engineering depending on the year.
Florida International University College of Engineering and Computing sponsors the Office of Naval Research Scholar Prestigious Award. Interested students must be academically accomplished with a GPA of at least 3.0. Recipients will receive full tuition for a number of semesters in exchange for an internship with the Naval Surface Warfare Center.
The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Western Michigan University funds the E. Bruce and Eleanor Dewey Endowed Scholarship for computer engineering students. This is a need-based award and offers students up to $500.
If you are shopping for a scholarship in Computer Engineering, do not stop here. Almost every school with a major in CE offers departmental or corporate scholarships, besides the general academic and need-based provided by most institutions.