International Business Scholarships
Be Part of the Global Business Scene
Since business has hit the global scene the demand for well-prepared and educated business professionals has skyrocketed. International Business majors are hot commodities; the field is both competitive and needy for fresh blood.
Students who decide to major in International Business will most likely first complete a core curriculum in general Business and then choose a more focused specialty such as Finance or Marketing. Once this is complete International studies may be commenced, including a foreign language and specialization in a particular region of the world (Asia, Europe, etc). A requirement of most IB majors is a semester spent studying abroad. Because of this, many of the scholarships award travel expenses.
San Diego State University offers a very competitive International Business program. Their scholarships include:
- The coveted Sempra Energy Award provides complete tuition and various other expenses to the recipients.
- The Alvord G. Branan Scholarships provide scholarship money to IB students to defray the costs of their study abroad.
- IB students at SDU have access to a unique fundraising tool, eScrip. Students who buy from selected retailers can earn cash-back rewards that go directly to a scholarship fund they create for themselves. They can also direct friends and family who are willing to offer monetary support to their eScrip account.
- The San Diego Chapter of Women in International Trade funds a Scholarship for International Business Majors. Obviously the awards go to women; besides this requirement she must have at least a 3.5 GPA and have completed a generous amount of course work in the major.
High school seniors in the Midwest with an eye to International Business can compete in the International Business Essay Prize and Scholarship competition for awards of up to $10,000 to winning essays! The awards are scholarship monies that are divided up over the course of a student's college program. The competition is a creation of the U.S. Department of Education.
Illinois State University College of Business offers undergraduate and graduate scholarships for International Business students:
- Outstanding Junior, Outstanding Senior in International Business Scholarships require all applicants to be among the finest in their classes. GPAs of 3.5 and faculty recommendations are required. These are small awards of $300 and $400, respectively.
- Students with demonstrated leadership and service may qualify for the Service Award. Scholarship is $300.
- Archer Daniels Midland Study Abroad Scholarships are awarded to those students studying under the International Business major. Scholarships are available for a semester abroad or summer abroad: $2,000 and $1,000 respectively.
Brandeis University's International Business School is one of the leading programs in the country. The school offers a Graduate Merit Scholarship that is awarded to an outstanding African American IB student who is going onto the MBA program. Brandeis awards other scholarship funds to IB students from a wide range of backgrounds.
The Fulbright Scholarship is one of the international world's most prestigious awards. Annually hundreds of thousands of dollars are awarded to students at all levels of study in the international realm. While not every student is an IB major, the award is a regular resource of funding for IB students.