New Hampshire Student Grants for College

Fund Your Education with Free Grant Money

New Hampshire has set up programs to enable equal educational opportunities for all New Hampshire residents. Mainly, they have set up a number of grants to allow students to go to the best colleges and universities. We’ve done the research for you, and here are some of the top grants and programs available.

Being a Resident of NHnew hampshire college loans

Most grants require applicants to be residents of New Hampshire. However, each grant has different eligibility requirements and provides different amounts of funding. To find out what fits you best, you should break down each grant individually. One thing is the same for every grant: the school must be accredited.

The New England Association of Schools and Colleges is the regional accrediting body for over 230 colleges and universities in New England eight schools overseas. There are 23 schools in New Hampshire that participate in the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. They are as follows:

  • Colby-Sawyer College
  • Daniel Webster College
  • Dartmouth College
  • Franklin Pierce University
  • Granite State College
  • Great Bay Community College
  • Hesser College
  • Keene State College
  • Lakes Region Community College
  • Manchester Community College
  • Nashua Community College
  • New England College
  • New Hampshire Institute of Art
  • NHTI- Concord’s community College
  • Plymouth State University
  • River Valley Community College
  • Rivier University
  • Saint Anselm College
  • Southern New Hampshire University
  • Thomas More College of Liberal Arts, Inc.
  • University of New Hampshire
  • University of New Hampshire School of Law
  • White Mountains Community College

The best part of grants is that they don’t have to be repaid. There are different kinds of grants. Some are merit-based, and others are needs-based. If you feel like you may be in the needs-based category, you may be eligible to receive both needs-based and merit-based if you study hard enough. In order to apply for a grant, most universities and other organizations require students to fill out the FAFSA before receiving any sort of aid.

New England Regional Student Program

If you aren’t from New Hampshire, but still need financial assistance, you still may qualify. The New England Board of Higher Education offers the New England Regional Student Program (RSP). RSP allows residents outside of New Hampshire, to receive discounted rates for college. Students who go through the RSP program save approximately $6,900 per year in tuition.

Pell Grant

All New Hampshire residents about to enter into college should apply for a Federal Pell Grant. It is awarded on the basis of financial need. To apply, simply fill out your FAFSA. The amount awarded each year varies, but for the 2012-2013 year the maximum amount was $5,500.

Wildlife Research Grants

The A.V. Stout Fund is a research grant program put on by the Norcross Wildlife Foundation. The main goal of this program is to support New England wildlife and its habitat. They are also focused on making management techniques better by advancing ideas, programs, and practices already in place. The A.V. Stout Fund offers from $1,000 to $3,000 to the person who can present the best project that will benefit the wildlife of New England.

Another great program is the Plan New Hampshire Scholarship. The Plan NH program aims to promote better planning and greener design and development of buildings to leave as little of an impact on the environment as possible. This scholarship is designed to aid those students who are studying in the any area that supports their mission. Accepted subjects of study are as follows:

  • Architecture
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Studio Art
  • Engineering
  • Interior design
  • construction-related field or trade
  • Environmental science or similar field
  • Land or community planning

To be eligible, undergraduates must be New Hampshire residents, completed at least one year of college-level study, show excellence in their field of study, have work experience, and demonstrate exceptional leadership capabilities.

Scholarships and Other Possibilities

If you are an orphan of a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces, then there is a scholarship especially for you. The Scholarships for Orphans of Veterans is funded by the state of New Hampshire, and provides funding for orphans to attend college in NH. This award is for up to $2,500 and is renewable for three extra years.

Aid for Foster Children

Foster children also have a unique opportunity if they choose to attend a college or university in New Hampshire. They are actually able to waive the cost of tuition! There are a few eligibility requirements. They must be in foster care for a six-month period prior to their 18th birthday, must be an in-state resident on their 18th birthday, and they must be under the supervision of the division for juvenile justice services at the time of their 17th birthday. Simply fill out the application and you are on your way! To continuously have your tuition waived, you need to maintain good academic standing and remain enrolled in school.

EMU National Scholars

Another great program for residents of New Hampshire- and almost every other state- is the Eastern Michigan University National Scholars Program. This is a four-year award that pays out-of-state tuition for incoming freshman or transfer students. to be eligible, you must be a resident of a state other than Michigan or Ohio and have a GPA of at least 3.5 if you are a transfer student.

Lighthouse Scholarships

For blind students, there is the Lighthouse International Scholarship. This program rewards incredible students who have risen above adversity and excelled despite their visual impairment. Seven scholarships of $10,000 are awarded annually.


NEW: Scholarship search engine: fast, free, no registration required. Try it today!