15 LinkedIn groups for students and graduates
1. Linked:HR (322,762 members) – This “#1 Human Resources Group” is known for its active group discussions on recruiting strategies, hiring trends, employment laws, and various other HR-related topics.
2. Job Openings, Job Leads and Job Connections! (264,947 members) – This group calls itself “the #1 LinkedIn Jobs Group” where members can search for jobs and post their resumes, or even receive resume and career advice from professional experts.
3. Job & Career Network (174,382 members ) – This group has countless other Job & Career Network subgroups organized by location, profession, and industry, (such as “Arts and Entertainment,” “Hospitality, Travel and Tourism,” “Law and Legal,” “Education and Research,” “Energy and Natural Resources,” “Healthcare, Medical, Biotech, Pharma” and many more.
4. JOBS 2.0 Search (74,514 members) – This group is a great resource for students and graduates who are interested in networking with recruiters and fellow job seekers. Members discuss the latest online trends in job searching, as well as online recruiting techniques and social networking.
5. Global Jobs Network (64,780 members) – In this group, members can post their resumes and/or scroll through international job posts, and connect to numerous recruiters and “head hunters” from all over the world.
6. Star:Jobs Professional Career Center (35,256 members ) – This group is known for helping members find employment quickly and efficiently, and popular discussions include “Best Part Time Jobs for College Students” and “Attention Job-seekers: Get More Interviews from LinkedIn.”
7. The Job Hunter Group (21,407 members) – Members of this group can search through hundreds of job postings in numerous fields such as food, health care, engineering, HR, sales, marketing, accounting, and much more.
8. MBA Highway | MBA & Recruiter Network (20,361 members) – This group is the “ultimate MBA job and internship search network,” where MBA students can connect with employers who are looking for “MBA-level job candidates.”
9. JobAngels (17,622 members) – This group is a great resource for students or graduates who are in need of emotional support and advice as they begin their job search. The creators call this group a “grass-roots movement,” and it is run by “Job Angels” who are dedicated to helping the unemployed find work.
10. The Talent Buzz (17,159 members) – Company recruiters, HR and marketing professionals, as well as job-seekers join this group to discuss the latest trends in social media and recruitment. This is a great group for LinkedIn “newbies” who want to stay up to date on the latest online recruiting trends.
11. A Job Needed – A Job Posted (15,046 members) – Popular amongst company recruiters, this LinkedIn group serves as a perfect resource for students and recent graduates who are struggling to find full- or part-time employment.
13. Independent Recruiters (10,716 members) – Students or graduates who are pursuing a career in sales should check out this popular LinkedIn group. Some discussion topics include how to spruce up your resume or cover letter, or how to ace your first job interview.
14. Students and Recent Grads (10,040 members) – The discussions in this group are led by LinkedIn employees, graduate students and educators who provide expert advice on how to excel in a job search after graduation.
15. New Grad Life (3,052 members) – Members of this group provide excellent tips and advice on how to create an “attention-grabbing” LinkedIn profile, how to search for jobs related to your degree, or even financial management tips for recent graduates.